Charles D. (Chuck) Gabriel
Attorney Chuck Gabriel has a sterling reputation (Martindale peer rated AV – Preeminent) based on years of hard work and success in the practice of law and public service. As a civil litigator he focuses his practice on business disputes involving director / officer / employee misconduct matters, ownership disputes, fraud, contractor / vendor disputes, misappropriation of proprietary information or trade secrets and other business torts. Chuck has successfully represented class action clients, fraud against the government / whistleblower clients and civil RICO litigants. In 2014 Chuck’s clients won the largest class action settlement judgment in Georgia (In re Cobb EMC Class Action, Cobb Superior Court, Civil Action File No. 10:100353-48).
A native of Syracuse, New York, Chuck received his bachelor’s and law degrees from Syracuse University. He joined the FBI in 1973 and retired in 2002 serving in Newark, New York City, Savannah and Atlanta. His successes as an attorney and litigator in large measure flow from the wealth of knowledge and insight in the areas of ethics, corruption and challenges to public commerce gleaned during his first career as an FBI Agent and legal advisor. He is an effective and powerful public speaker, and very much a “people person.”
Throughout his FBI career Chuck focused on complex organized, conspiratorial matters from white collar and financial crimes to organized crime, espionage and public corruption. His many successful cases include a conviction of a Georgia state senator that ultimately led to a state constitutional amendment automatically removing elected officials from office upon a felony conviction. Chuck established the Public Corruption Awareness Program for the FBI in Georgia and published a thought-provoking assessment of the federal government’s role in addressing public corruption at the state and local government level in 2002.
In private practice, Chuck has a strong network and has remained active as an FBI Retiree. In the interests of his clients, he is able to draw on the wealth of investigative, financial and forensic expert resources worldwide found amongst the cadre of former agents.
Prior to joining Chalmers, Pak, Burch & Adams, Chuck was a partners in Pierce ~ Gabriel Partners, LLC, through his professional corporation, The Gabriel Law Firm, PC.
Chuck lives in Alpharetta with his wife and three rescue dogs. They have raised two grown children.
- Syracuse University, B. A. 1971
- Syracuse College of Law, J.D. 1973
- New York, 1974
- Georgia, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- The FBI’s Approach to Public Corruption at the State and Local Government Level, GEORGIA COUNTY GOVERNMENT magazine, May / June, 2002
- In Re: Showing of Need, New York State Bar Journal, 1974
- 2002 through 2008 Newly Elected Commissioners Conference, Association County Commissioners of Georgia/Georgia Center for Continuing Education
- Auto Dealer Comptrollers’ 20 Group Quarterly Meeting, Atlanta, Georgia, M.P.G. Inc., 2006
- Annual conference, Savannah, Georgia, Georgia Economic Developer’s Association, 2002
- Lt. Governor Mark Taylor’s Ethics Seminar, Georgia State Senate, January 19, 2000
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- North Fulton Bar Association, Past President
- Society of Former Special Agents of the FBI (SFSAFBI)
- FBI Agents Association Retiree
- Federal Law Enforcement Officers Association – Retiree